Voyage of the ESPIRITU, now it is "THE CONTINUATION OF THE McINTOSH'S WANDERINGS

02 February 2016 | Heading to Panama
10 May 2015 | Sacramento, CA
01 April 2015 | Home, getting ready for the boat show seminars
18 July 2014 | between San Blass and Isla Isabela
31 May 2014 | Barra de Navidad, Mexico
15 February 2014
09 November 2013 | still in Sacramento
20 October 2013 | Florence Italy
20 September 2013 | Europe
22 August 2013 | Sacto / Carmichael, California
21 August 2013 | San Francisco Bay Aug 21, 2013
19 August 2013 | still in Sacramento, but packing!
07 July 2013 | Barra de Navidad, Mexico
07 January 2013 | Carmichael
13 December 2012 | on the boat
08 December 2012 | LAX
03 December 2012 | on the living room floor
30 November 2012 | HOME

Heading to Panama

02 February 2016 | Heading to Panama
In a few days Carole & I head to Panama, but it won't be by boat like we thought back in 2006 when we headed out the Golden Gate and made that big left turn. We head out on the big United bird from Sacramento, switch birds in Houston TX and drop into Panama City later that day.

In the in-between time we have had several years in Mexico on two different boats and helped a couple of other friends take their boats down, too. And also had a 36' trawler on S.F. Bay. And I got to help sail Capricorn Cat back from Hawaii to San Francisco. And we've made two other road trips to Mexico - one down the Baja and one down the mainland as far as Barra de Navidad. And we've been giving cruising seminars at boat shows. Oh yeah, and also been having fun with grand kids & that kind of stuff. Life has been and is being very good to us. And now it's time to cross another item off the 'bucket-list'. We'll post some items after we get back. See ya.

This will be a 21 day trip to Panama, including a four-day sail in the San Blass Islands on a 46' catamaran, 9 or 10 days in Panama City with trips through the canal, and 4 or 5 days up in Bocas Del Toro.

Aground - again

10 May 2015 | Sacramento, CA
Pat
Encore has a new captain, and he really is a captain. We are going to be spending lots of time with family outing on land: from Yellowstone, to Portland, Albuquerque, Southern California, and who knows where else. AND we are getting set for the FIFTH EDITION of our book. So we'll be busy. Hope to see lots of friends at the Strictly Sail Pacific boat show in Oakland -S F Bay. This year we are doing four seminars on cruising Mexico.
Pat

happy April Fools Day

01 April 2015 | Home, getting ready for the boat show seminars
Quick post today, gotta go have some fun trying to fool the grand kids'. This photo is the cover we made for the roller furler and all the lines, when it's time to put the boat away. We run the halyard, with some twine attached so we can pull it down later, all the way to the top of the mast to protect it from the UV. Then we gather everything up at the bottom of the fore stay, tie it all off, and wrap it all up tight with this cover. The cover has lots of snaps AND ALSO WE TIE IT so it can't come loose in a big blow if one comes along. This only take a little time putting it away and even less time setting back up. AND it is a lot quicker and easier that what we used to do on ESPIRITU when we put her to bed in San Carlos. Try it on your boat, you'll wonder why you never did it sooner.
Vessel Name: ESPIRITU * now we are the s/v ENCORE, (OOPS - now aground)
Vessel Make/Model: last boat was a Cheoy Lee 35 sloop, right now
Hailing Port: Carmichael California,
Crew: Pat & Carole McIntosh
About:
We have been married 49+ years and have four grown kids. At present count we have six grandkids. Carole has stuck with me through over 4 RVs and more than a "baker's dozen" different boats, so far. [...]
Extra:
Those of you who know us, and our 'technological" skill level - or lack of it, will laugh at our re-creation of the voyage down the coast from San Francisco as far as Zihuatanejo and back up into the Sea of Cortes to San Carlos, remembering our excusses at not getting e-mails out, or a blog up and [...]

ESPIRITU'S crew is traveling by land right now

Who: Pat & Carole McIntosh
Port: Carmichael California,